We’re in the process of revamping our website, and it hasn’t been updated in a while. So, we thought we’d let you in on some things we’re doing to help travelers engage Jordan this summer. We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback.
- Volunteer to teach English with the UN in the Gaza refugee camp. Experience the real life stories of conflict in Israel/Palestine, and give back as well. Volunteers will be teaching English for 6 weeks. (Write up from Harvard)
- An “Amazing Race” through the city organized by a local social venture, Hamzet Wasel. We will team up with local Jordanians as we travel around Amman and surrounding areas, discovering new places and people in the process. One of the challenges: sell vegetables to locals in downtown Amman. Are you up for it?
- Walk a section of “Abraham’s Path” alongside local Arabs. Walk through villages, stopping for tea and a meal in local homes. As we walk we will be shoulder to shoulder with English speaking Jordanians.
- After an unforgettable trek through Petra, we will stay in a local Bedouin community in tents set up for visitors. Enjoy a traditional meal in an extraordinary setting.
- Work alongside local artisans making olive wood ornaments.
- Sit in a local mosque and learn about Islam in the Middle East. This will be a time to learn from real people and get our questions answered.
- We visit the site of Jesus’ baptism on the shore of the Jordan river with local Palestinians. As we make our way to the river, we will hear personal stories of how the Israeli/Palestinian conflict continues to effect Palestinians in Jordan.
- Learn traditional skills from a rural community on the southern shore of the Dead Sea. We’ll experience true Arab hospitality as we spend the night in local homes.
Because we love Jordan, we’re teaming up with local businesses and nonprofits to make these experiences a reality.
How else would you like to engage Jordan?
Build Your Tour
Your Private Jordan Tour
Considering a trip to Jordan? Fill out our custom tour form to let us know what your tour style and interests are. We'll be happy to craft a custom itinerary and quote for you, no strings attached!Build Your Tour
Leave A Comment